Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Dark and Light Patch 4/24-Light versus Dark
Posted on April 25th, 2019 07:41 AM EST
Our next update will be at 2:00 am PDT on April 25.
Remember to keep an eye out for the in-game message for when the servers will be closing for the update!
As a mid-tier elemental creature, Light Elemental is supposed to be more powerful than early game creatures such as, Fire Elemental. So we have decided to buff Light Elemental and brand her as the representative of the light and brightness.
While Light Elemental does not enjoy advantage in HP growth, she is empowered the ranged skills to ensure her ability to carry damage as a rear unit. She will also have the ability to Overload to fend off enemies getting too close to her in close range combat
- Increased Light Elemental’s initial base HP from 720 to 800
- Set Light Elemental’s Mana at a fixed number of 250; casting her skill will drain Mana
- Reduced Light Elemental’s Focus from 500 to 350, and enabled it to be level-point-increase-able at a rate of 4% per level point added
- Changed the revival material for Light Elemental to Lightstone and Light Elemental Core
- Increased the required time for Light Elemental to revive in the Summoning Pool
- Adjusted the amount of Food Light Elemental restored from consuming Magic Shard, Magic Essence and Chaos Essence provide
- Adjusted the spawning amount and spawning area of Light Elemental
Light Elemental Skills
- Light Elemental’s attack contains light elemental effect, doing 200% damage upon Fire Lord and dark elemental creatures
- Light Elemental’s attack will not inflict damage on structures above the tier of Wood Structures
- Light Elemental’s first ranged skill is Light Bolt, which causes small AoE explosion upon hitting the target. Each cast contains three releases, one orb per release for the first two, and two orbs for the last release
- Light Elemental’s second ranged skill is Light Orb, which causes explosion upon hitting the target and leaves a ring that could slow down enemies (currently not effective on wild creatures) staying inside before it explodes again
- Light Elemental can Overload herself when engaged in close-ranged combat
- Overload lasts for 30 seconds
- Overload grants her attack and skill damages to 300%
- Overload grants her 50 HP restoration per second
- Overload grants her 15% increase in movement speed
Light Elemental Additional Functionality
- Tamed Light Elemental can serve as a light source to illuminate the environment by consuming her Focus. The command can be completed in her action wheel
- Reduced Light Elemental’s size
- Optimized Light Elemental’s animation
- Optimized the vfx of Light Elemental’s skill attacks
- Optimized Light Elemental’s appearance in her non-Overload state
Fire Lord/Dark Elemental
As a mid-tier elemental creature, Fire Lord is an underrated fighter with strong physiques and AOE skills, making him an unstoppable force in closed-ranged combat. His dark resistance can effectively counteract dark creatures from meteorite drops, thus allowing him to be the tank in the front line against the darkness.
- Increased Fire Lord’s initial HP from 900 to 1150, and increased the amount of HP growth per level-up point
- Set Fire Lord’s Mana at a fixed number of 100; casting his skills will drain Mana
- Adjusted the revival material for Fire Lord to Darkstone and Dark Elemental Core
- Increased the required time to revive Fire Lord in the Summoning Pool
- Adjusted the spawning amount and spawning area of Fire Lord: Fire Lord now spawns in Sacrificial Grounds (lower level), Dragon Island (higher level), and Volcano Island
Fire Lord Skills
- Fire Lord’s attack contain dark elemental effect, doing 200% damage upon Light Elemental and light elemental creatures
- Fire Lord’s attack will not inflict damage on structures above the tier of Wood Structures
- Fire Lord’s first ranged skill is Fire Bolt, quicker in flying speed but lower in damage; it incurs explosive damage upon hitting the target
- Fire Lord’s second ranged skill is Fire Meteorite, slower in flying speed but higher in AOE damage; it incurs large AOE damage, and casts dark flame debuff on the target
- Fire Lord’s strong arms allow any damage dealt to them to be reduced to 90% of its original
- Optimized Fire Lord’s animation
- Optimized the vfx of Fire Lord’s skill attack
Change in Resistance
We’ve redefined the perimeter of resistance to allow more effectiveness elemental attacks have against their countering elemental resistance.
- Light elemental attacks will do 200% damage upon Fire Lord and dark elemental creatures
- Dark elemental attacks will do 200% damage upon Light Elemental and light elemental creatures
- Reduced the Resistance of all Mythical creature to 40%
- Reduced the Resistance of all dark creatures - dark elemental resistance was reduced to 70%, and other elemental resistance are reduced to 10%
Creatures’s ranged attack damage will now be enjoying the multiplier given by its Damage
Added a new ranged AI to creatures, allowing ranged creatures to stay at a distance from the approaching player character so that they can effectively cast their ranged attacks against character.
Adjustment in Focus and Mana
- Restoration of Mana for magic or Elemental creatures will slowly consume Focus
- When the creature is low in Focus, its Mana restoration speed will be lowered
- When the creature has 0 Focus, it will no longer restore Mana
- Creatures can restore Focus by getting into sleep mode
Temporarily Removing Frost Dragon
We’ve started the rework of Frost Dragon,, and we plan to push the Reborn Frost Dragon in May. So we are temporarily removing Frost Dragon from the game. Once we push the Reborn Frost Dragon, any previously-tamed Frost Dragons will despawn.
Balancing Early Game Creatures
Feedback: as the usual first tamed creature players get their hands on, Boar should be more productive in transportation and harvesting.
- Slightly reduced the size of its model, so that it is more fitting for rider character.
- Increased Boar’s amount of HP growth per level-up from 6% to 8%
- Increased Boar’s sprint speed from 565 to 630
- Fixed an issue where Boar’s moving attack is rubberbanding
- Fixed an issue where Boar’s Charge skill could not be cast when it is moving
Feedback: as an aggressive creature in early game, Bargesh usually form into pack to attack their targets. However, they are low in HP growth, so when players encounter them in groups, the best strategy is to kite them down one by one.
- Reduced the amount of hook arrows required to bring Bargesh down
- Reduced Bargesh’s HP growth per level-up from 5% to 2%
- Increased Bargesh’s amount of Damage growth per level-up from 10% to 15%
- Reduced Bargesh’s initial HP from 120 to 100
- Added Bite skill to Bargesh. When casting its Bite skill, Bargesh will stop moving. This will be your best chance to take it down, or flee
- Bargesh will now be enjoying Bargesh-pack effect
- Bargesh will provide one layer of buff, with 5% damage reduction and 10% damage increase, to every other Bargesh or Vicious Hyena nearby
- Each Bargesh will at most enjoy five layers of buff
- When Bargesh are distant from each other, it will no longer enjoy the Bargesh-pack effect
Feedback: in early game, the combo of Iron Spear plus Horse is too much overpowering, urging us to nerf Horse so that a more balanced combat system is tangible
- Reduced Horse’s initial HP from 600 to 450
- Reduced Horse’s amount of HP growth per level-up from 6% to 4%
- Reduced the amount of Armor Horse Saddle provides from 22 to 14
Feedback: Wolfpack effect is too overpowering
- Reduced the amount of damage increase each additional Wolf has on its packmate from 5% to 3%
- Reduced the amount of damage reduction each additional Wolf has on its packmate from 7% to 5%
- Reduced the max amount of Wolf allowed in the wolfpack from 8 to 7
- Reduced the range to validly form a Wolfpack effect from 5000 to 1000
Feedback: To allow more effectiveness various elemental attacks have, we are nerfing dark creatures with overpowering Resistance
- Adjusted dark creatures’ Resistance: Dark Resistance adjusted to 70%; Light Resistance adjusted to -100%, receiving 100% more damage from light elemental attacks; other Resistance adjusted from 40% to 10%
- Reduced dark creatures’ aggro range from 13,000 to 11,000
From April 28 to May 6, we are hosting a double harvest rate plus double taming rate event. Starting from April 28, structure decay timer in PVE servers will be adjusted as below, and remain adjusted even after the event ends.
- Straw - 3 days
- Wooden - from 4 days to 8 days
- Stone - from 5 days to 10 days
- Iron - from 7 days to 14 days
- Manor - from 15 days to 30 days
Decrease the Crafting Time for Mystical Feed to 2 min.
@-=GUARDIAN=- Thank you for your advice.
- Fixed an issue where using Bola de Neutra would cause server rollback
- Fixed an issue where players entering certain areas of Ironfast, Estel, and Talos will be teleported up
- Fixed an issue where in some cases Spell Tower’s ammo could not cause damage upon Gorgon Incarnation
- Fixed an issue where Spell Tower’s project is missing material
- Fixed an issue where moving the slider in volume does not change the volume of NPCs’ voiceover
- Added Iron mine and Mithril mine to spawn in the Sacrificial Grounds outside Talos
- Reduced the amount of Darkstone mine spawned in the Death Forest outside Talos, and increased the amount of Iron mine spawned in it
- Iron Spear will now be available at City vendor’s inventory after Donation reaches level 10
- Tames that are tagged as “can not transfer” will not be stoned in Bola de Neutra